waiter style corkscrew with wooden handle

Last week I was in a store that sold overpriced crafts. They displayed wooden pens and the typical turned items, but they also had a waiter style corkscrew - hinged screw and hinged lever to help remove the cork. The usual metal handle was covered with beautiful wood. I haven't been able to find the unfinished corkscrew. Anyone know where the basic kit is available?

Reply to
DLG

You may find it just as cheap to buy a good one and take it apart.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Go to:

the search box type in "corkscrew" and you will find what you want. I haven't used them myself, but I have seen them used. They are well made (especially the heavy duty one at the lower right of the search page) wire coils instead of cast crap.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thanks - I've seen that style, but it sometimes requires brute strength to pull a cork with those - and often ends up with wine splashed around. What got my attention was one made like this link - the style your waiter (excuse me "server") would use in a restaurant. The one I saw was almost certainly made in someone's workshop because all the items around it looked like a display a WoodCraft.

DLG

Dan Coby

I'm very particular about my wine corkscrews (much more so than my wine) and that is the style I prefer.

I've had a less elaborate one made by Christian Brothers for almost a half century and woe betide the guest who finds it, uses it, and doesn't put it back where it belongs ... the inmates around here know better than to touch it! :)

Be sure you post a followup if you find the parts. Thanks.

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
HeyBub

department store items. He's looking for one that has the metal parts and for which he can provide his own handcrafted scales.

Reply to
J. Clarke