Varnish = Urethane ????

Which still does not mean that the polyurethane classifier shoes used in taconite mining are made of varnish, even though they may be translucent.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

FWW online has a nice article on finishes this month:

Merle

Yes.. We should probably leave clothing and similar items out of the mix. LOL

Reply to
Leon

It's not quite that facetious though--the company that makes the classifier shoes sells the formulation they use in cans and it can be used as a coating. So does it become a varnish merely by applying it to a surface?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I suppose, by definition, and the intended purpose was use it as a varnish.

Reply to
Leon