Value of used Shopsmith

replying to oswin2461, Paula L ODELL wrote: I have a wood lathe that was inherited to me and I have no clue in how to use it nor would I want to. How much are they worth?

Reply to
Paula L ODELL

Technically it was bequeathed to you. You inherited it.

They can be worth nothing, or upwards of $1000. It depends on the brand, model and condition.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

As I said earlier: value to whom? value as what?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Hey, this one is on its way to becoming a family heirloom!

Reply to
Bill

replying to Phyllis Stadley, Johnny McCulley wrote: Shopsmith been sold? Model # and asking price, if not sold?

Reply to
Johnny McCulley

After 14 years what do you think Johnny?

Reply to
Markem

Well...?.. Looking around at some of the stuff I own, and probably better at what my Dad has, having something sit around for 14 years or lon ger is really not that strange. And given the original post said it was a neighbor woman trying to sell her deceased husband's Shopsmith, after he ha d already been dead for several years!!!, it would not surprise me at all i f it is still sitting in the exact same spot it was when he kicked the buck et.

Reply to
russellseaton1

And the odds that "Phyllis" is still monitoring the news group after

14 years are?
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The widow is likely either dead or in a home by now, with the hose sold once or twice since.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

John your best bet if you want one keep an eye on tools on Craiglist.

This one has been on my local Craiglist tool section for a few weeks.

Reply to
Markem

bly better at what my Dad has, having something sit around for 14 years or longer is really not that strange. And given the original post said it was a neighbor woman trying to sell her deceased husband's Shopsmith, after he had already been dead for several years!!!, it would not surprise me at al l if it is still sitting in the exact same spot it was when he kicked the b ucket.

Who buys stockings that old ladies wore?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It was the garden hose, but no diff - I gotta get my keyboard recalibrated again.

Reply to
Clare Snyder