Using a joiner at 45 degrees

I have gotten my new Grizzly G0500 joiner this week and have one question. Can you use it to clean up miter cuts from a TS that have been cut at a 45 degrees. I have been playing around trying to see if it can be done or if I'm asking for more trouble in trying to do it. I have some long 3/4" oak I cut at a

45 degrees and plan on joining it using biscuits. I have had trouble getting a smooth surface as the board is hard to hold against the fence at a 45 degrees. Thanks
Reply to
Keith

Tilt the fence towards the jointer's table ___\ .

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Keith...

I think your jointer is talking to you. If it's saying "No," it's probably worth listening.

If the cuts aren't smooth, perhaps it's the saw blade that is the problem...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Most jointer fences can be tilted back to up to 45degrees to let you joint an edge at up to 45degrees. Check the instructions/manual for your jointer to see if it tilts

John

Reply to
John

Keith wrote in news:1111702243.e83b554a3ca784cd85490d619f4829fc@1usenet:

Sounds like a perfect task for a good handplane.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I like cut MANY 45 degrees (and other degrees too). Best is done with TS (or router). Get Forrest blade (man I still never gotten to by ONE!?!?)

Chuck

Reply to
CNT