Use for bent bandsaw blades?

Through ineptness I've managed to bend a 1/2" bandsaw blade. I'm sure it can be repurposed. But how/what is a mystery to me. Suggestions?

Reply to
sawdustmaker

A local BS blade maker could probably cut out the bent section and add a patch. BS blades come as a very long roll that is cut to length and welded to form the loop.

Reply to
Leon

Small knives? Basically home made exacto blabes. My dad made blade out of band saw blades, but this was bandsaw for cutting Case IH tractors in half.

Reply to
Markem

Ideal opportunity to make yourself a bow saw. A few hardwood scraps, a loop of rope, a piece of BS blade, a couple of screws, and a few hours should produce something (at least) usable.

Reply to
John McGaw

Hack saw blades. Meat saw blades. CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

sawdustmaker on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:11:40 GMT typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

sawdustmaker on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:11:40 GMT typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Depending on how long it is, as a cutter for sandpaper.

Runners for a drawer?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Make a BOW saw. A traditional twist up to tighten the blade. Saw a chunk/limb outside... Martin - I'm making one out of a Wood and a Steel bandsaw.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

neccessity is the mother of invention

but waiting for the need to arise means you have to stow it away

so now you have the mother of invention giving birth to the father of clutter

i know because i am speaking thru experience

but the rememdy is simple just throw out the blade and a need will arise

i might try to fashion the blade into a scraping tool could also be used for doing cuts on small parts

clamping the blade between nicely formed wood blocks

Reply to
Electric Comet