Update for HD clamps - forgot something

They have replaced all the Bessey Tradesman clamp spaces with ones full of those bottom-of-the-line Jorgenson orange crappy bar clamps and Irwin quick grips of many lengths.

Reply to
<null

You know, I own both brands as well as some Chinese knockoffs. In actual use, size for size, I prefer the Jorgenson's. I think the spring loaded release makes them much easier to set. All brands do the job. Maybe one of these days, the Jorgenson clamps will crack and fall apart. Until that day, I consider them all equal.

Now the Irwins are another story. They don't hold well and probably will not last because of the material used and they are grossly overpriced.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

That's why I get those spreader type clamps from Penn State Industries. They beat Irwin's in price and quality! :-)

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

Or, if you're like me, you have a "close relative" that works for Irwin and you get all you want for "a good price"......

Irwin Quik Grips - bring 'em on!

Reply to
bob