Unisaw dust collector adaptor?

Anyone know where I can find plans to adapt a dust collector to my

15-year-old Unisaw? I am almost sure I saw plans once in a WW magazine. Any leads appreciated.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bleau

I dont have plans, but I did a cnversion several years ago.

1 replace the louvered door with a solid sealed one . 1/2" ply recessed attached with 4 sheetrock screws

2 cut a long slot in the bottom of the RHS of the base to fit the largest oblong to 4" diameter AC duct you can find at HD or Lowes .

3.make and install a angled ramp inside the base that will direct the sawdust to the duct above. It cannot be done with a single piece, I resorted to 2 pieces of 1/2" ply duct taped to gether..

4 Stuff the arc allowing the tilt control with dusters [or rags] to prevent air leakage.

5 Finally caulk the base to the floor intersection ,again to prevent air leakage . mjh
Reply to
mike hide

Just got done doing my Unisaw, which is much older. I found it helps to seal the gaps between the table top and the base -- that was the biggest leak I had by far. I pulled the table off and used some semisoft foam blocks, glued in place with that GreatStuf expanding rigid foam, to fill in along the top of the cabinet.

Dust collection works much better with these blocks in place. Just make sure to realign your top when you put it back on. And get someone to help you move it if you don't happen to have a fork lift handy :)

Matthew (who is making more dust but sweeping less)

Reply to
Matthew