Unique shelf pin & OT gloat

I'll try to make a short story long...

A friend of mine Had his TV repaired and wasn't happy with the repair so decided to buy a new one. He then told me I could come and pick up the old one if I wanted it. I of course said "I'll be right over".

The TV he gave me is a Pioneer Elite Pro 100 projection, I think 55 inch. I got it home and the picture is great! A little tweaking of the convergence and contrast, cleaned the screen and inside and it is almost as clear as a tube TV. Just in time to see the birds get beat!

The reason I'm posting here is he also gave me the cabinet to match for the stereo components. The pins for the shelves are like small angle brackets with a pin to go in the side and into the bottom of the shelf. I'll try to draw it in text:

_l_ |--

they require a 1/4 hole in the bottom of the shelves but this is ideal for shelves that don't go all the way against the back of the cabinet. Like in a stereo rack or computer cabinet. I went to the pioneer website and they are available but of course no picture. Anyone know of another source for this type pin since $2.09 is a little pricey. Although I shouldn't complain since I got a free TV.

Ray

of four pins. Sometimes it is cheaper to pay the higher price. Or make your own.,

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Will another type of support work? If the hole in the side of the cabinet is also 1/4" you could use the regular L shaped shelf support that has a 1/4" pin. Most of these also have a hole in the part of the L that the shelf sits on. You can put a small screw through that hole into the shelf (so the shelf won't slide) if you think you need it. Here's a link to what I'm suggesting. Second set from the left, top row. Rockler calls them 1/4" shelf supports.

should be able to find these locally at most hardware stores, lumber yards or home centers.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike