Under stair storage question

I have an under stair area (kitchen) with door. Will be demolishing old stair case (leading to attic bedrooms) due to steep slope (attic bedrooms) and shallow tread. Upon installing new stairs (longer run) I will still have this same storage place (with a door) beneath the stairs. As you all know this space gets rather useless when it dips down to 3-4 feet.
Question: Have any of you done either a pull-out or cubby storage under that area? Any sketches anywhere? Photos? Envisioning pulling out (on gliders or rollers) maybe 2 feet into the room (kitchen), said pullout maybe having storage for a sack of potatoes or some larger pots and pans. All ideas greatly appreciated!
Note: Existing door opens perpendicular to the run of the staircase. (Door is not on the end of the cavity).
Thank you, Ivan Vegvary
On 2/20/2017 8:41 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

While this does not make use of all of that lower space, I have book shelves built on the out side section near the floor. That could take up to 1/3 of that space under there.
On 2/20/2017 9:09 AM, Leon wrote:

Sorry, that should have said, I have seen pictures of this. I do not actually have this.
BUT BUT BUT. If you have a pet, that would be a nice cave if you had a side entrance and it was sectioned off from the rest of the under stair storage area.
On 2/20/2017 9:15 AM, Leon wrote:

[snip]

I recently saw something very similar to that idea used on an episode of HGTV's "Tiny Homes" where every square inch is used for something. Made a great spot for a pet that was out of the way.
The other thing that I was thinking about when I read this (we're in a single level home so I can't play along at home ;)) would be just a simple wheeled cart to fill in that space with runners framed into the area so that it would pull straight out and roll back in as needed. As Ivan mentioned, it would be great to store bulky items.
Making it blend in might take some work but if one were to install wainscoting along that wall, the "problem" of seams could literally disappear.
Meanwhile, if Ivan would merely Google the following words in a simple Google search (No quotes necessary): roll out storage beneath stairways
he will find plenty of reading material, plans and ideas.
Have fun!
Dear Unquestionably Confused, Your roll-out cart idea is brilliant. I will investigate further. Thank you! Ivan Vegvary
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:33:09 -0600, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Put a bookcase on the outside of it with a frame that overlaps the opening.
--
What if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie?

On 2/20/2017 1:02 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Another good idea which provides somewhat secure storage hideaway.
The possibilities for Ivan are endless. Limited only by his imagination and the latitude given him by SWMBO! <g>

Or lots of deeeep drawers.

Try - google _image_ search "under stair storage" - - it returns an amazing array of ideas. A lot depends on intended usage - - everyday use or seasonal stuff ? 100 pound full extension drawer slides ; pull-out pantry units ; endless possibilities. John T.
Hub, I did search 'under stair storage' in Google and yes, umpteen ideas. Thanks for the suggestion.
"Leon" wrote in message

If something like this were done I'd definitely make it a removable module, lined with something easily cleaned, so that it doesn't become an impossible to clean smelly hole under the stairs!
On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 9:41:55 AM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

You don't want to fill that last 3-4 feet.
Where will the monster live?
http://tinyurl.com/h47wzy8
On 2/20/2017 5:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Where it always has, under the bed. ;~)
Leon wrote:

Is that why you fill your "under the bed" with drawers?
--
GW Ross

On 2/20/2017 7:04 PM, G. Ross wrote:

LOL
On 2/20/2017 9:51 PM, Leon wrote:

' Hell! Those ain't drawers, they're crypts!
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 22:28:39 -0600, Unquestionably Confused

Not bloomers, or thongs??? or panties? - or mabee even a few bras??
On 2/20/2017 10:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

One is my dirty underwear drawer. :~)
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:59:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Leon is a lumberjack?