UK hardwood suppliers

Does anyone have experience of and recommendation for a supplier of kiln dried ash in the UK. Preferably in Scotland but a reliable supplier anywhere in the country would be of interest.

My project is a set of dining chairs and I need ash that I can resaw to smaller dimensions without having it twist as soon as it's cut.

Any recommendations much appreciated. TIA

Reply to
waneyedge

Robbins Timber, Bristol.

0117 963 7927. Lathams.
use both of these myself to supply my small but perfectly formed commercial joiner's shop, and have always been very pleased with the timbers that have turned up.

Reply to
deadlock

OTOH, you're the only person I know who still rates Robbins. I find them to be over-priced, unhelpful, slow and particularly unskilled at any machining, and selling a wide range of poor quality import timbers. If you're in the Brissel aerial, try

or
instead

I'm also puzzled as to why you'd want _kilned_ ash. English ash is a pretty stable timber and famously dry straight off the tree. It air dries beautifully and quickly.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Mike Dempsey