Two blood blisters and a smashed finger later...

...and I'm done building the table for my two-year-old son so he can play with his Brio trains on it. What would a weekend in the workshop be without a few battle wounds to show for it?

Reply to
Ksu93dlv

ksu93dlv asks:

More fun?

Charlie Self

Charlie Self

I'm runnin' outta scar tissue.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

After the really *nasty* time I guillotined a backsaw into my left index finger, I decided that battle wounds weren't cool anymore, and have been making a pointed effort not to hurt myself.

It's been working well so far. I have enough battle wounds. I think I'll continue with this whole "try really hard not to hurt myself" concept a bit longer.

Glad you had fun making the table though. Fun is the name of the game. Hopefully the widdle carpet rat type creature(s) will love it.

Reply to
Silvan

I've been playing around with my brother's old (80-100 years old!) metal lathe and have notice that when I'm woodworking the cuts are on the palm sides of my hands and when metalworking the cuts are on the outsides of my hands. Haven't figure out why yet.

Reply to
Hitch

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:13:57 GMT, "Bob Schmall" brought forth from the murky depths:

Ah, time for a digit sacrifice to the WW gods, Bawb. Ready? Set? SLIP!

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

I'm gonna be famous, Larry. A gent from the U.K. asked if he could quote my scar tissue mot for use in an column he does for Good Woodworking mag. I'll share the proceeds with you.

Bob P.S. Don't tell him, but the quote came from "Ocean's Eleven 1"

Reply to
Bob Schmall