TurboCAD

This is to report some illegal behaviour by Digital River, TurboCAD internet distributor, charging customers in the EU twice for VAT. Under EU VAT Directive any software downloaded by European customer has to be taxed for VAT at the rate of the country of destination. Digital River is doing this explicitly: See this copy of the invoice I got.

Product Qty Platform Delivery Method Price

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TurboCAD 9 2D/3D Training Guides 1 Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP Digital River $ 89.95

The tax applied is the EU VAT tax at 17.5 %.

Now there's nothing wrong with that. I have to pay VAT anyway. Things get worse and illegal if Digital River on purpose indicates on the airway bill that VAT has to be charged again at the expense of the recipient. On request, Digital River refused to take responsibility and pay back the VAT.

Charges against Digital River, persisting in this illegal practices, have been brought forward at the US and EU Customs Services.

Beware of the bills of this company!

Regards,

Frank Julsing

Reply to