Treated lumber for bird house

Seems you are beginning to take my point to the next level. Restrictive weapons policies impede the purpose of the second amendment. RPG, tanks, etc should be allowed if you follow through to logical conclusion.

;)

Reply to
Brikp

Even high-yield thermonuclear devices. Provided, of course, that the owner is able to post a bond of, say, a trillion dollars, to cover any damages incurred by an accidental detonation.

[snip more of Bill Norris' unsubstantiated baloney]

Doug Miller

Some studies have suggested it's our different ethnic mix in the populations. A study of crime rates between two geographically similar cities (Seattle WA. and Vancover BC) show higher crime rates in Seattle. Remove a certain group with a large population in Seattle and a small presence in Vancouver from the data set and viola, Vancouvers rate exceeds that of Seattle....

-Bruce

William MacBa>

Reply to
BruceR

And RPGs are safe! When's the last time someone in the US was killed or maimed by an RPG? Why donuts kill thousands more people than RPGs and we aren't banning donuts! I WANT MY RPG! Great for target shooting. You can't miss!

Reply to
BillNorris

Not very well read are ya Doug.

Reply to
BillNorris

Boy, are you sick! Or just a troll.

First, I've never shot anyone and hope I never have to. But if some doped up @#!$% breaks into my house while I'm home, I'd much rather I kill him than vice versa.

Would you rather I called 911 so the police could haul me and my family off to the morgue when they finally got there?

If you read this newsgroup, you'd know that I'm opposed to the war in Iraq. But I do admit wondering why all those so-and-so's dancing around to celebrate another dead US soldier don't at least get a fire hose turned on them.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I sometimes think of my 1911 as 911.

In fact, I thought that's where they got the number from.

No, really...

Reply to
Tom Watson

Did you write this?

Explain the smilie.

Reply to
BillNorris

I had to at least *try*...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Handguns are used in olympic competition. "Assault rifles" are defined by politicians who are as twisted as you; I've got one that's worth about $3000 dollars, and is an "assault weapon" because it has a bayonet lug.

You don't seem to understand that saying this, while saying you don't like handguns or "assault rifles" is self-contradictory.

The "kids" at Columbine committed 47 felonies before the shooting started. It is insulting to have someone like you, who clearly doesn't understand reality, equate honest gun owners to homicidal maniacs.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Here comes the "Hey guys, I'm one of you" pitch. Let's see what Bill comes up with.

Of course. Or maybe it didn't happen. How is this relevant?

yeah, and?

I've never seen "Walther PPK" spelled like that before.

In this country, you would be called "a felon" (and/or "a liar"). If you really did do this, then it explains why you are porojecting evil intentions on all gun owners - you're projecting your own failings.

That's nice.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Don't you f*ck heads ever take a hint.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Or better yet, as a friend of mine suggested, replace the current tangle of state and Federal drug laws with just one: "Here's a list of the stuff we don't like. If you're caught with anything on the list, whatever you have, you gotta eat."

Possession of small quanitities for personal use would be effectively decriminalized. And narcotics dealers would receive an instantaneous death sentence. Either way, society wins.

Doug Miller

I really wish this thread would go away, but as long as it's here I'll chime in. Some of the early 007 movies featured an Armalite AR-7 camping rifle. It was a takedown .22 of moderate accuracy.

For the OP, is making a pistol grip for a domestic rimfire rifle with no banned features a crime in Canada? It isn't anywhere else as far as I know.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Just a question for personal curiosity. Is this a full-auto rifle? No semi prebans I've seen go for half that. More like $600+ for a pre-94 (with lug and pistol grip, and imported parts).

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:12:18 GMT, Carl Nisarel calmly ranted:

I plonked your garbage over on rec.metalheads, hostl. Although John did an extremely stupid email stunt, his research is good and the database from which he carved his papers is without reproach...except from you and your closeminded kind. Even if you disagree with his main finding that more guns = less crime, if you had actually read the book you would have seen all the rest of the good points he made. Try that, won't you?

What about Kleck? Even an outspoken anti-gun liberal said his data couldn't be assailed. I see that you have chosen not to attack him here.

crash or losing a file, I believe her.

were responding (emotionally, while disregarding hard data) and can't blame him for some of his actions, though I truly wouldn't want to be in his place now for the consequences. Nonetheless, I look to his book to show dozens of good points which are now being confirmed by studies since his. RTFB, Carl.

And with that, your name goes into my Wreck twit filter as well. I can't foresee anything valid coming from you and will simply acknowledge the "Thanks" you send after reading the book and changing your evil ways. ;)

------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ----

Dynamic Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well.....

No.

And that would be Dick Head to you, bub. Only my friends can call me f*ck head.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:59:10 -0400, William MacBain calmly ranted:

Stupid liberal policies, corrupt liberal and conservative politicians, "too busy" parents, psychopathic psychiatrists, "anti-spanking" laws, and a few other things make up the bulk of the problem, ah reckon.

We call 'em Nomex Suits down here.

------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ----

Dynamic Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Moderate? It was terrible.

But it was a very loud gun. Handy if you break a leg in the middle of nowhere. Handy in a canoe because fully loaded it would float. All you needed to turn it into a full automatic was a paper clip and an elastic band. It had this little pin bolt about an inch long that used to fall out. I once had to back track over a half mile trail once to find it.

The AR7 is now a banned gun I believe.

Reply to
BillNorris

Are semi .22s banned up there? They make up most of the target/pest control/training rifles sold overall. I'll admit I'm not up on the small specifics of Canadian laws. I recall that the Japanese Olympic air pistol team was denied entry at some point.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4