Transfering designs to wood

An alternative to the 'pounce wheel' is to use a vibrator 'engraver' tool like you use to mark all your tools with. I print with a regular inkjet printer, fairly wide (maybe .020) line. Tape in place. Run over the line carefully with the engraver. You get both a mechanical imprint and a dark line as some ink is forced thru. Quick, no mess, no iron.
This is particularly good for small curved patterns like lettering that I carve, that the pounce wheel can't follow... You want to mark a little under so you cut the tiny dents away...
It's not as good as the toner-transfer for highly accurate parts.
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.