Tracing a complex contour...?

That helps.

I'd support the banjo by the pot, not the resonator. Resonator brackets aren't terribly strong.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Howdy,

Of course you may be correct, but...

Take a look at this:

is another version of the stand made by the same fellow. I assumed that the "box" version was functionally similar to the "folding" version in the link above.

If they are functionally similar, the box version does not support the instrument from below as you suggest.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

Fragile? A frying pan with an animal skin stretched over it is fragile?

Reply to
Robatoy

You might want to Google French fitted drawers for some ideas on how to cut and wrap the top piece. As an alternative, you could cut a front and a back piece separately and then cut each (roughly) C-shaped piece to fit - then just glue them together to make a one piece top.

RicodJour

Sat, Jan 26, 2008, 8:03pm snipped-for-privacy@soleSPAMLESSassociates.com (Kenneth) doth suggesteth: If they are functionally similar, the box version does not support the instrument from below as you suggest.

Doesn't matter either way, it's woodworking, not rocket science. Just make one if that's what you want. If you're worried about how it will turn out, make one out of cheap wood, or even cardboard. If it doesn't work, make another. When you get one you like, make one with the wood of your choice. You could have made 2 or 3 by now. Personally I wouldn't want a banjo of mine resting on just two points on the side, even with padding, I'd think it would tend to wear the finish, if not scratch it..

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T