Tormek Plane blade jig?

I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has used the planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out for them?

Thanks,

cm

Reply to
CM

CM i have used the Tormek planer/jointer sharpening jig and found it worked very well. William Swinehart World Gift Shoppes

elmgroveproperties

I have the jig and it works well.

Reply to
Leon

Yep. Works well, but be careful to use very light pressure -- just rest your hands lightly on the jig, applying very little pressure beyond the weight of the jig itself. Too much pressure, and you'll wind up grinding waves into them. DAMHIKT. Don't be in a hurry. Patience will be rewarded.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:5IpMj.4734$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:

Doug, could you please repost how to get an updated spamfilter?

Reply to
Han

Sure thing -- see my sig below. It'll be in a separate post, too, in order to make it visible outside this thread.

Reply to
Doug Miller