To you woodworking magazine hoarders out there

That's really why I want to get the plans. To study the construction details, and also any tricks related to order of assembly, which can be kind of tricky sometimes on a complicated design like this. Not to mention just getting another opinion on such things as stock thickness for the various parts. A graceful outcome, rather than a competent outcome, often hinges on such subtleties.

Tom

Reply to
tdacon

Thanks, Sonny. As I said in another post, it seems that I might have just bought the plans from Viking Mountain, but there's some question about whether they were actually out of stock when I placed the order. I'm waiting to see what happens with that, and then I don't see any reason why I couldn't just go direct to Andy.

Tom

Reply to
tdacon

Well, this is a pretty old thread, originally posted 3/2016, but I wanted to close the circle on it.

I was looking for a set of plans for a beautiful tool cabinet, designed and built by one Andy Rae and first noticed by me on the cover of a book on toolboxes and cabinets whose name I don't recall. I enlisted the considerable resources of the good folks on the wreck to try to find the plans, with good responses from the group, but I was unsuccessful at getting a set of plans.

Until now.

Just a week or two ago, Lee Valley announced in a newsletter that they were putting all the plans from the American Furniture Design catalog on their web, including those for the tool cabinet. I immediately purchased, and recently received, a very nice and complete set of plans. You can see it here:

Best regards, Tom

Reply to
tdacon

You started looking for the plans almost a year ago and just found them now?

I hope you have been otherwise filling your time productively for the past

10 or so months. ;-)

All kidding aside, I'll bet that finding those plans made you feel like a kid at Christmas. I'm happy for you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03