To you woodworking magazine hoarders out there

On 3/28/2016 12:26 PM, tdacon wrote:

So they lied at Viking Mountain or did you snatch up the last copy of the plans?<g>
Checked their link and the plans are "unavailable."
Glad you were able to fine the plans. Hopefully they will work out for you.
"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
On 3/28/2016 12:26 PM, tdacon wrote:

It's POSSIBLE that I got the last set of plans, although it sounds pretty unlikely. I'm kind of sure that it didn't say out of stock when I placed the order, but I can't be certain. When I refreshed the plans page after placing the order, there it was - out of stock.
So I send them an email asking them what happened, and whether I actually got it. We'll see what they say. I'm crossing my fingers.
Tom
"tdacon" wrote in message

Well, this is a pretty old thread, originally posted 3/2016, but I wanted to close the circle on it.
I was looking for a set of plans for a beautiful tool cabinet, designed and built by one Andy Rae and first noticed by me on the cover of a book on toolboxes and cabinets whose name I don't recall. I enlisted the considerable resources of the good folks on the wreck to try to find the plans, with good responses from the group, but I was unsuccessful at getting a set of plans.
Until now.
Just a week or two ago, Lee Valley announced in a newsletter that they were putting all the plans from the American Furniture Design catalog on their web, including those for the tool cabinet. I immediately purchased, and recently received, a very nice and complete set of plans. You can see it here: http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?cat=1,46167,46158,45338&pE323
Best regards, Tom
On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 2:28:31 PM UTC-5, tdacon wrote:

You started looking for the plans almost a year ago and just found them now?
I hope you have been otherwise filling your time productively for the past 10 or so months. ;-)
All kidding aside, I'll bet that finding those plans made you feel like a kid at Christmas. I'm happy for you.