Tips and Jigs

Hey guys Jason here again. Is there any place where i can download a few tips and jigs from the internet. thank you.

Reply to
jasonmahoney

Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
50 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set

- GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw

- Triton Powered Respirator

- Veritas Power Tool Guide

- Ryobi 6" Grinder/Stand Combo

- Band Saw Handbook

SawEyes

Yes.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Jason, just do a Google search on "woodworking tips jigs".

Prepare to spend several hours going "hey, that's a good idea!" and "why the heck would anyone want to make -that-?"

I've spent a lot of time this way, and it's fun & educational.

HTH

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

yes. sit right in front of your pc and download to your heart's content! :)

dave

jas Is there any place where i can download a few

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Bob Jones

Dean, I read your review of the Veritas Power tool guide. Hmmm. I think a good review mentions competing products: Festool, Tru-Grip, PSI, for example. I like to know the head-to-head comparisons - Consumer Reports style.

I've been trying to weigh the pros and cons of these products for months....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

One more point: you review of the Veritas Power Tool Guide doesn't mention the slight error introduced by having _two_ pieces. Perhaps it's such a tiny bit that it's negligible but I'd like to know. Intuitively there must be some, however small.....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

If there's an error introduced, it's small enough to be undetectable in use. I use that guide to cut 8' 1/4" plywood panels to fit CNC machined grooves (±0.0015 depth accuracy) and was pleasantly surprised by the results.

The two parts of the Veritas guide join in such a way that the two halves are clinched together /very/ tightly; and LV seems to have machined the ends *quite* square.

While it's possible that I just "got lucky", my experience with stuff from LV would indicate that the product is made with the same care I've seen in their other tools. I'd be inclined to guess that your intuitive hypothesis is reasonable, but incorrect. (-:

Reply to
Morris Dovey

A computer works reall well for donwloading.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman