three legged Christmas tree

Require assistance to cut angles ............. stock is one inch by one & a half inch by 76 inch long. Trying to figure out angles to make these three legs join at a hub. (top) The base width is not crucial but needs to tolerate winds & snow load. Plan to install lights. Have SCMS & TS to cut. Help TIA.

Don

Reply to
dick

Hold one of the legs at the angle you want it to lean at, draw a line from the very top point vertically down. Cut along that line, cut the other two legs to match. Each piece now has a single flat bevel at one end.

Set the tablesaw to 30 degrees and run the leg through so that you take a bevel cut along the vertical cut you just finished. You'll need to run each leg through twice, once for either side. The bevel cut lines should intersect along the middle of the board.

Lean them all together, and you should be set.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

For once in my life I did as you instructed !!! This certainly is the only way to accomplish this feat. Turned out perfect. Appreciate your knowledge, time & effort put forth to respond.

Thanks again

Reply to
dick