This takes the cake! $500 shipping costs for a Stanley plane!

the suits at eBay REALLY that stupid to keep letting money slip through their fingers by allowing sellers to charge sky high shipping fees that eBay gets nada on?

Dave

Reply to
David

If you took time to read the ad it the seller corrected the typo to $5.00

> Are the suits at eBay REALLY that stupid to keep letting money slip

Reply to
Frank Arthur

Since many of his other items show $5.00 shipping, I'd be inclined to think it was a typo *BUT* I'd damn well check before I bid :)

> Are the suits at eBay REALLY that stupid to keep letting money slip

Reply to
Vic Baron

David wrote in news:xfadnZla39A6an3enZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

read the rest of the listing.....

Reply to
mike

> Are the suits at eBay REALLY that stupid to keep letting money slip

5 million new listings per day, 9,300 eBay employees. Do the math.
Reply to
Dhakala

I read the description and looked at the plane. I didn't get involved in reading or viewing anything on the page below the image of the plane.

Dave

Reply to
David

They have COMPUTERS and the listings are part of a database. You make it sound like their employees would have to MANUALLY sift through millions of listings. That's ridiculous!

Dave

Reply to
David

David,

Your continued bluster after being told that it was a typo is pointless.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

That's exactly right, because the seller didn't actually change the listing of the shipping aspect, he merely states "shipping is $5" in reply to emailers.

That means still, that the *BUYER* is still obligated to the contract of what the page says, and the seller can enforce it. I have been lied to twice by sellers on the bay, but those situations were different.

Reply to
AAvK

ROFL! You read almost nothing but found it worth posting here about!

You don't live in the Bay Area, do you?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

IN FACT, ANY seller is allowed to change shipping cost if they wish, so this seller has LIED already!

Reply to
AAvK

You are easily amused.

You are also rude.

But that comes as no surprise to anyone who's read your other similarly toned posts to others on a wide range of subjects.

Dave

Reply to
David

Actually, Dave's right on. You're not helping the s/n-ratio here.

"Can't stand the heat ..."

barry

Actually, in case you weren't aware, is, indeed, BAD.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I don't agree. Headers show different ISP, different OS, different browser. Text shows different writing style. Why do you think it's the same guy?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Now this is the most extreme hyperbole... how would be enforce it? By refusing to sell it to you. That's how. Give you bad feedback if he's the mean-hearted type.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

David, calm down or your brain might cramp up. ;o) Sam

Reply to
Sam

:) This thread is giving me indigestion.

Dave

Reply to
David

The AAvK entity posted thusly:

What the page says is that shipping is $5.00. The seller would not have a hope in hell of 'enforcing' a $500 shipping charge when he clearly states the corrected shipping charge on the page.

Reply to
Oleg Lego