The Cribbage Board Is Broken!

What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Did you inhale too much finish?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It was nice of you to reel him win to the game like that. Build up his confidence and then at the right moment bring him down.

That was the plan with my daughters, but it did not always work.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Right. A couple of games to build confidence, THEN start the dollar a hole (inflation) games.

Reply to
krw

What, they never got interested or they never stopped beating you?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Make sure that you each only more *your own* pegs... : )

Reply to
Bill

Oops, that should be "move" not "more". Don't be afraid to slap the other person's hand if you see a violation..

Reply to
Bill

Jeez! Pictures?

Reply to
Leon

The final pics were posted in the original thread.

DerbyDad03

Looks damn FINE!!! Definitely not broken. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thanks! It should be in Reno by now. Maybe we can play via Skype.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Looks to me like a termite got to it. ;-)

Reply to
krw

simple

most likely the shuffle was not good enough how many times did you shuffle

did you make the pegs or buy them

i wanted to make a board with leds and speech recognition to eliminate those pegging mistakes for folks with bad eyesight

simpler option might be a large board

i lost a game but it was mostly due to pegging and i did try to correct as we played but conceded and actually felt ok to give the win over

we did use a large deck but it the pegging that was hard

Reply to
Electric Comet