Thank you Lee Valley for cool clamp!

budget an extra 60 cents. =3Do)

Reply to
Robatoy

Ace Hardware has a bullet catch. SKU # 998004145 Call local one and see if they have in stock. Found this on a search. Will post photo on ABPW. WW

Reply to
warren weber

Reply to
Leon

An audible hiss. similar to a pinhole in an air hose. Nothing offensive or loud. And BOY does that thing have holding power! Even on MDF. Now, stuff like unfinished oak with big grain paterns, I'm not so sure. But stuff like solid surface sticks like dog-snot on a screen door.

Reply to
Robatoy

An audible hiss. similar to a pinhole in an air hose. Nothing offensive or loud. And BOY does that thing have holding power! Even on MDF. Now, stuff like unfinished oak with big grain paterns, I'm not so sure. But stuff like solid surface sticks like dog-snot on a screen door.

Good, because the new Festool sanders use a vacuum and because the Rotex can be extremely aggressive I find that the wood that I sand needs to be clamped in place or it moves around. For years I have used the rubber "Router Pads" to hold the wood in place and to cushion the bottom side but they are no longer suitably effective. I was looking at the Festool clamps that clamp from the side edge but they are basically $90 for 2. I think this clamp that you have will fill the ticket well and will clamp and release more quickly. I'll probably have several supports blocks of similar size to help support larger panels.

Did you buy the screw down version or the one that uses vacuum to also hold the clamp to the work surface. I am leaning to the latter.

Reply to
Leon

I am machining the entire table surface (4 x 8) with a flat bottomed bit and adhering a sheet of glossy white GP laminate onto it. The 'test puck' really, really sticks well to shiny stuff... MDF sticks as well, but nothing like the glossy surface. Therefore, the two-sided pucks is what I'm going with..either LV's or shop-built Morristech ones. The shop-built ones would work off a pump, the ready-made LV's are up and running the second you take them out of the box.

For a 'holder' for sanding small pieces, the screw-down version would be my choice as you'd only need to keep one surface clean as opposed to two.

I'll take a few pics when I do some trials at the shop today.

Being a happy Rotexer myself, that would certainly fit the bill for you as well.

I am also building a shooting board-type saw fence which will stick to my work rather than using clamps.

Reply to
Robatoy

Photos are at

and
dust is there to make them more visible. )

Reply to
Morris Dovey

25" of Hg you say....that is lots, and once you're sucked down, the CFM no longer matters much either, eh?

I dunny why, but I want some of THESE:

Robatoy