tenon, back, dovetail, mitre hand saw

was a question

what's your answer

Reply to
Electric Comet

Really? Looks more like a deduction.

Why would you think that? It's high-carbon steel, not stainless.

Reply to
Leon

what's your explanation would like to hear it

Reply to
Electric Comet

it's an answer you have to find if you can't you can't i gave some criteria apply them and see where you are there

Reply to
Electric Comet

"i guess that explains the lack of rust"

isn't a question, it's a supposition.

If a handsaw blade hasn't rusted, it's been treated well.

Quality cutting tools aren't made from stainless steel, primarily because of the poor edge.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

or made in low O2 environment or lots of other possibilities since steel making is complicated and the issue is more complicated when you throw in something made long ago where the technique was only know by few people including the alloy's composition i.e. did they add special ingredients

Reply to
Electric Comet

It's difficult to comprehend the sense of long run-on sentences.

It would help you to convey your information more successfully if you were to use basic grammar, capitalization and sentence structure when formulating your pronouncements.

It appears that you're suggesting that the formulation of steel used for cutting tools in the 20th century was some sort of mystery, which is pretty far from reality.

As Leon pointed out, even stainless can show corrosion effects.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Thank you for another clearly written response.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

give some data

tell us all what was used in the alloy for the silver steel saw the other post mentioned

include also how the saw was made using that silver steel

Reply to
Electric Comet

I have no explanation. I was just pointing out what seemed to be a deductive statement, made by you, was what I thought you later said was a question. Using punctuation might have make your comments a bit more clear.

Reply to
Leon

It appears you are only participating in this thread in order to appear argumentative. I decline further participation.

Do your own research if you wish to learn the answers. I will point out that there is a wikipedia entry on silver steel that you may actually learn something from.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I can you are frustrating some folks (not me particularly) my ignoring common rules of grammar. We are not texting. Why deliberately make messages difficult to understand for people from whom you might enjoy assistance in the future? Even if you are not an expert in grammar, nor am I, at least you could capitalize the first word of each sentence and use a period (.) at the end of each sentence. I hope that helps you in life.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:EwxXw.234221$7U.148679 @fx31.iad:

I often wonder if people who write like that (and it's become distressingly common) also talk like that.

John

Reply to
John McCoy