tablesaws

hey everybody i am going to be in the market for a new tablesaw in a couple of months. it is either going to be a delta unisaw or woodtek. i have heard plenty of things about delta but nothing of woodtek.anybody out there with a woodtek.

thanks russ

russ

Let me clear up Mike's post . . . obviously confused :-)

First, get the Grizzly. Do not pass go, and you won't have to shell out many $$.

Get the Grizzly. Period.

Ok, if you are hard-headed and want to think over something else, get a Jet cabinetsaw.

But, remember, get the Grizzly.

Ok, if you're REALLY hard-headed, look at the Unisaw. If you must, get a Unisaw.

One more time. Get the Grizzly.

There are many reasons, but don't cause yourself pain. Just get the Grizzly.

Mike

You don't have to thank me, Mike. (I know you won't anyway!) LOL!

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

You guys want to settle this with pistols in the churchyard at dawn? ;-)

-- Ernie

Reply to
Ernie Jurick

and don't forget to get the optional saw-stop.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Hell no - I'm sleeping in tomorrow. Check with Mike's secretary - have her check with my secretary, and we'll see what time is convenient. If you have time, that is . . . . . :-)

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Yeah - weiner tested too! (oh shit - here we go again!)

Jim Mc Namara

LOL! Glad I got a smile out of ya Mike. I'm starting the weekend off early (off tomorrow) so I won't be around here to crack a grin with ya.

If ya got the *big* bucks - get the Norm Abrams model. :-)

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Get the Unisaw. In order, get the Unisaw, Powermatic 66, Jet [?] or Grizzley. Reasons: better finish [on those I've seen], more accessories, made in USA. harrym

Reply to
HarryM

[snip]

Shoot. For a few extra bucks you can get the SAW of SAWS! The PM66. This thing will pass the nickel test, toast bread, figure your income tax, and count the change in your pocket by radar. Take that all you Unisars and Grizzers. ;-) mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Harry, WHich are made in USA?

Reply to
JLucas ILS

Reply to
Steven Bliss

Unisaw and Powermatic [unless Jet, the new owner of Powermatic, is changing that situation]. harrym

Reply to
HarryM

Don't you mean Woodtek here, not Griz? Woodtek is the brand distributed by Woodworkers Supply Inc. Have never seen one, but I do buy frequently from the company. harrym

Reply to
HarryM

You're sleeping with Mike's secretary ?

Get the Unisaw. You can always sell the children.

- Unless you're British, in which case get an old Wadkin.

Or alternatively, get the non-Unisaw equivalent (US, Delta something, with big trunnions, like a Wadkin, not axle bearings like a Unisaw).

But don't get the Grizzly. You can get better than the Grizzly, and you can get cheaper than the Grizzly, but the Grizzly is not the same as a Unisaw equivalent. That huge weight of cast iron really is worth having.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

russ wrote: : hey everybody i am going to be in the market for a new tablesaw in a : couple of months. it is either going to be a delta unisaw or woodtek. : i have heard plenty of things about delta but nothing of : woodtek.anybody out there with a woodtek.

Get the Jet cabinet saw, which is a terrific machine and priced enough below the Delta to pay for a really good couple of blades.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Don't hold back, Mike...you can tell us how you really feel...we can take it.

:)

Mike

Reply to
The Davenports

or the 15 roller outfeed table, or mobile base

Reply to
Leon

Many saws are available in left tilt. This is not feature unique to the PM66 .

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote

Yes you are correct. I was pointing that out because the Unisaw tilts to the right. With that information "russ" could make a more informed decision on what I think are the top 2 saws readily available. Then he could decide between the more common and easier to find accessories for Unisaw and the safer (only in the mode of cutting between tilted blade and fence ) PM66.

Just MHO. Just trying to help. :-)

Dan

Reply to
dan