Table legs and hardware question

I have an oak wooden table (commercially made) and the legs seem to be getting loose despite having re-tightened them many times. It seems that the metal brackets that are attached to the table base are becoming bent. Does anyone know the correct name for these gadgets, and where they can be purchased? Seems like I've done a million Google searches and still cannot come up with a supplier and/or correct nomenclature. It's an angled bracket with a hole at the apex, where the bolt on the leg goes through and screwed down. The bracket ends are nailed to the table base. If I built the table, I'd use another technique for attaching the legs, but I'm not ready to toss this out, since it's in excellent shape aside from this.

Thanks very much!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Wolsko

Did you try Google and "table leg braces" - attaches legs to aprons?

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Not sure what they're called, but Rockler has them. Since you have to remove them anyway if you were to replace them, why not just straighten them out and reattach them using screws? I made the wood version for a couple of tables I built earlier in the year. The technique was in a Woodsmith magazine article from about a year ago. It is an advantage to keep the legs removable unless you never plan on moving, otherwise you could attach the legs permanently using dowels or loose tenons.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Leg braces, like these?