Table leg designs

I have a pair of old Chinese doors that I want to convert into a dining table top. The pair of doors measure 2.4 x 1.4 metres. The doors are complete with their original ironmongery so I will have a sheet of glass on the top to provide a smooth surface.

I'm presently living in Vietnam and currently searching for a suitable joiner to make the legs etc but I think it will be much better if I can provide the joiner with some outline designs for discussion.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers to resources for alternative designs for the legs? e.g. one at each corner versus a single inverted T at each end etc etc. I suspect there is a great deal more to good table and table leg design than simply something which holds the top above the floor...

Any input or suggestions would be most welcome, many thanks.

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton

I'd certainly want to continue in a Chinese motif with the legs. Trouble is, that varies from absurdly complex (and sometimes ugly) to very simple. One design I particularly like is a smallish, rounded square - almost like a Parson's table but with a bit of bric-a-brac twixt legs and rails. Here's a ink to one, Google images would get you many more in various styles.

dadiOH