Sustainable Birdhouses

Consider birdhouses made from reused materials.

sustainablebirdhouses

$270 for a bird feeder? Made out of junk? Neat trick, use somebody's trash wood, paint it up in a "green" label by calling it "sustainable" or "recycled" and charge huge amounts for it.

Mark & Juanita

For the number of dollars they are charging the birdhouses should be at least made of teak and some gilded parts too.

Reply to
Frank Arthur

Reply to
sweetsawdust

Sounds like a poor haggler to me. :-)

It's no accident that many rich people are stupid. If you're stupid and NOT rich, you tend to die early.

Reply to
Dhakala

So if you're so much smarter than all the rich people howcum you're not one of them?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Or, say that it's good for "the children."

Ideology. Makes things seem, then become what they aren't, as the Herr Doktor said.

Made from pallets is reused, isn't it?

Reply to
George

It's no accident that many rich people are stupid. If you're stupid and

So if you're so much smarter than all the rich people howcum you're not one of them?

Had to become rich when one has ethics. I know 3 people, and only 3, who "made it" themselves. They screwed more people out of more things then you can shake a stick at. Not saying you CAN'T do it, just a great deal harder.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Disagree. I know three that have "made it" and they got there because of generosity and helping others. I'm proud to be associated with them and their ethics.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Now that is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. Sounds more like a poor excuse for jealousy of the richer-than-you crowd.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

considered whether it might not be a good idea to hang on to the shorter pieces of scrap in the future?

If the guy can get that much for his bird feeders and houses, they are worth it because, bottom line, a thing is worth exactly what you can convince a willing buyer to pay for it.

The Bible talks of a time when a quart of wheat will cost a days wages. Worth it? You bet ... if the alternative is starvation.

Bill

Reply to
W Canaday

If you define "making a profit" as "screwing people".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ayup. I'll have to remember *that* one. Could've used it a few weeks ago...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Nonsense. SWMBO's parents are the most srcupulous, ethical people I know, and they are, at a minimum, quite well off. They got that way through a combination of living beneath their means, and prudently investing their surplus funds. Neither one of them has any college education, nor did they inherit very much of anything from their parents. Just hard work, good sense, and careful investing of income over a period of more than forty years.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Expensive too...

But click on the "Home" link, and you have a nice list of bird house specifications and free plans to build your own bird houses.

And around here most of the birds are homeless anyway, so they don't turn up their noses at the houses I make from scrap (aka "reused materials").

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Or they end up not being rich for long.

Glen