Suggestions on portable table saw

I have one. Within its limitation of weight, size and big horsepower, it is wonderful. I don't go on an installation without it on the truck.

Reply to
Robatoy

Dan Coby wrote: ...

That kind of stuff is expensive anywhere and for almost anything -- replaced a plastic corner decorative piece on the GE electric range--$30 or so from even the cheapest online places. Of course, it looks much better w/ the thing fixed and that's a pittance compared to the price of the range (which has at least one desirable feature no longer available by any manufacturer I'm aware of).

--

Reply to
dpb

> Scroll down and you'll see "Driver"

Arrgh . $43.85 ? Stanley Bostitch has it for $27.00

But thanks anyway. uh............... do you work for Sears?

Max

Reply to
Max

Noooooo kidding. Been there.

Reply to
Leon

I know your j/k but no I'm not a Sears fanboy. I've just had to deal with them over the years. The TS has some sentimental value for being the same age as me... If I admit it's too old then I guess I'm, well....you know...

Reply to
dcamron71

Never admit you're too old. I have a 12" Craftsman bandsaw and a scroll saw (nee jigsaw)that are close to my age (68). They need parts made from time to time and some TLC, but then so do I. All antiques are in fine fettle thank you very much. mahalo, geezer jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Generally speaking a tool designed to preform two separate functions will not preform either function very well.

Nothing is more frustrating than a tool that almost works well. Think 44 1/2 degree miters and a router that can be accurately adjusted to 1/8 inch tolerances.

Their primary design function is to appear to be a good value.

LdB

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

"Leon" wrote in news:qOhEj.1912$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

The women type aren't really fans of turning knobs with pliers, are they? ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

innews:qOhEj.1912$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

Ah, yes. Some years ago...15, anyway...the shower adjuster on our bathtub broke, that little center knob that lets you get wet and then rinse the soap off. Given my knees, I almost never do tub baths, so I clamped the smallest pair of ViseGrips on the shaft (I was busy doing things other than making plumbing store runs), and promptly forgot it. I mean, hell, it actually worked better than the fool knob. About two weeks later, my wife was getting really mean about it, so I drove in and got a replacement.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I'm sure that Bosch would be fine too.

Reply to