Suggestions for cuting board finish?

Tue, Oct 16, 2007, 11:31am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SonomaProducts.com) did say: I love this subject. It never fails to raise the hackles of a few people. I'm not sure why it's so emotional but it always is. I am stealing time from my boss right now but once I'm back home this evening I'll dig through my research and see how I was informed on this subject. It's been a few years since I did the research but I was satisfied I had covered my liabilities so I surely have the references.

Well? I, for one, am still waiting on your "informed literature" update.

J T

Back in Jr. High one of the Wood shop projects one could make was an "End Grain Oak Butcher Block."

I know for a fact that the finish was a combination of heated "Linseed Oil and Beeswax," however I can't remember what type of "Linseed Oil" was used or what the percentages of each component were.

I was hoping that someone was familiar and could tell me what I've forgotten.

I'm hoping to use this type finish for some "Wooden Spoons and a Pizza Peel."

As far as it being "Food Grade" I have a hard time believing that the late 60's - early 70's Hamilton County School Board (Cincinnati, OH.) would allow teachers to poison students and their families, as the projects were not for show, but rather for household usage by the students and their families.

Any leads to fill my memory gaps would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PR

Reply to
ProgRock