Storm Door Project: Advice

The metal storm door to my house is a severely non-standard size, and since a replacement'd be needlessly expensive, it occurred to me that I'd be better off making my own design with wood-- I'm thinking a basic rectangle with Art Nouveau designs in the middle.

So I'd like to ask some advice here. Oak would be the simplest and cheapest choice, but would it be worth my using cedar something else suited for exterior work? (The door is under a wide porch, so very little rain hits it. Some sunlight hits it directly.) Is there a recommended method of mounting windows or screens in the door? Any cool designs you can link me to?

Reply to
Brian Siano