Storehouse tool chests at Harbor Freight?

Anyone have any feedback on the Storehouse tool chests available at Harbor Freight? Looks like a good deal if they are quality construction.

I would be using them in a home workshop, not a commercial shop.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave in MD

We have a HF store nearby and the rolling tool chests I have seen there were extremely crappy. I have one big requirement when I buy a tool chest: ball bearing slides. The ones (at least in the price range you're probably looking at) I've seen at HF have friction slides.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Agreed. The US General tool chest I've seen at our local HF seems to be a pretty good cabinet, but you'd have to catch it on sale to make it a really good deal. It does have ball bearing slides, etc. The Storehouse stuff is pure junk. Lightweight, cheap construction, etc.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

works ok. I pretty much filled it up with tools but amazingly the clutter in the shop didn't decrease. ;-)

If I don't do something stupid like tow it I expect it will last 20+ years in my home shop. If I hit the lotto I'll replace it with a $1000 model with better slides.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde