square drive screws - extinct?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:00779096$0$7048 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Sure, but you can still put the gas nozzle in your diesel. You really have to read everything sometimes at some gas stations. (The one I get my diesel at has a separate pump for diesel so it's not a big deal.)

If the nozzles were completely incompatible with each other, you'd intentionally have to mix gas and diesel. Anyone got a time machine?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

BUT you can fit a gasoline nozzle in a diesel car. That happens regularly especially when a car buyer buys a diesel for the first time. Having run a service department at a large Olds dealership in the 80's diesels were broungt in on the hook with tanks full of gasilone and the customer would say, it just stopped running.

Reply to
Leon

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:33:04 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

I wouldn't know. Here in Oryguns, we elite have the little people do that sort of thing for us.

When I first moved here, I was castigated (uh, no, Lew. I still have my jewels. "Castigated" means "scolded".) for starting to fill my own tank, as I had done for the previous 35 years in LoCal. Silly me. Anywho, I think nozzles are all the same size here.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I use these for interior work.

blackemmons