Spiral Cutter for Planer

Does anyone make a spiral cutter that would fit the Delta DC-380 15" planer?

I read an artical recently that said how great the cutters were, and that they are available for virtually any planer now. Is there one out there for this bad boy machine, and if so, any idea where to buy it?

Brian

Reply to
B Man

you might try woodworkers supply. they have them for many planers but im not sure if they have one for yours.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Check out

it fits Woodtek and Jet 15" planers. I would not be surprised if it also fits the Delta, as both the Jet and Delta were similar last I looked.

-nick

Reply to
Nick Degidio

Check

Joe Gorman

Rather expensive ($795) but:

least it's available. I'm looking at replacing the head on my jointer. It's twenty inches wide and the price will be more than $2000 if they can do it. I have babbitt bearings on this old monster.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Ed Clarke wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

I think that qualifies as a driveby...

Reply to
Patriarch

The 20" sure... But I'd call the $2000 for "new jointer 'blades'" a liability.

Now, if I just knew whut a Bruce Babbit Bearing wuz...

Reply to
patrick conroy

"patrick conroy" wrote in news:imvcd2-g1b.ln1 @armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

That would seem to be for the head assembly replacement - a one time cost.

For me, the incremental cost would have to factor in a change of address. I'm completely out of space.

Patriarch, who has a vintage 24" jointer. A spiffy Stanley #8.

Reply to
Patriarch

I have a new 32" jointer so there (G)

Steve Knight

Steve Knight wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Patriarch, rethinking plane storage options, for some reason

Reply to
Patriarch

it weights 10.5# a bit much for me (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

Thank you all for the good info.

While I expected them to be expensive, $795 USD is a bit rich for cutter head for me - with shipping & duty, etc., it would actually be cheaper for me to replace the planer every time my knives got dull. Hahhahah!

Thanks for the help anyhow - good to know they're available.

Brian

Reply to
B Man