Spider Vise

Just checked out Lee Valley's "new product."

It looks like it might actually work and be useful at times. Wonder if it would hold something steady enough to plane it?

Maybe if we try adding enough of them to the cart, Lee Valley will make it available. *g*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I WON! We had a bet at work re: when somebody would post this.

Thansk PD.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Just to show you how on top of it I am today, I totally forgot their annual April Fools Lee Valley Tool. This is one of the most elaborate ones they have done. The writing is always a dead give away. There are numerous comments that show they are having a little fun.

And it is interesting that they have this little tradition. It shows that these guys not only have a sense of humor, but THEY ARE TOOLMAKERS. So they can can actually build a working model. Lee Valley is a class organization.

And even though this tool seems hopelessly specialized, I am sure that a few folks could actually use this. Particularly folks who do segmented bowl turnings.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Did you watch the video? Several real life examples of how useful it could be. Even holds a pointy stick so you can sharpen it with a plane making it a pointier stick.

Click on the "add to cart" button and you get a description of the requirements for their annual AFD tools.

Glad to see there is still at least one company on the earth where it is ok to have a little fun while at work.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

This vise is amazing. I can't imagine that it either a) hasn't been invented by someone already, or b) a similar version won't find its way into the real market.

My favorite April Fool's Tool so far has been the 12-setting mortise gauge, the "Dodeca-gauge". A true work of the toolmaker's art.

scritch