Sorby bevel angle

I may have to

Reply to
CW

I use a marble window sill that was taken out of my mother's house when some remodeling was done. It is probably 4' long and maybe 5" or so wide. When lapping, a sanding belt can be glued to it. For sharpening, all the various grits from 80 to 2000 can be glued on in a line. I assume that these can probably be found (cheap) many places where you see a demolition going on.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Thanks to all for the replies here. One thing I'm still not sure about is how my 1000 and 2000 grit paper compares to 4000 and 8000 grit stones. I know the unit of measure must be different between sandpaper and stones but don't know how much difference. Is the paste used for stropping much finer than my 2000 paper?

Thanks!

-Chris

Reply to
cshaw