sliding glass cabinet doors

I have a commission to build a wall display cabinet and would like some advice on the tracks.

Cabinet is 36" high, 46" wide and 6" deep. Will have 2 - 1/4" glass bypass doors. Doors will be opened bi monthly or monthly.

Rockler sells this

which I could paint outside and wax inside to ease sliding. Grainger sells track with bearings, but it's $50, out of line for this project. Custom cut glass is gonna be expensive enough as it is. I also thought I could get some UHMW plastic and route a couple of grooves in it.

What do you all think? What's the best functionality for the lowest price?

Thanks.

Reply to
gpdewitt