Need sliding glass doors and slide hardware for display cabinet.

I am contemplating making a 4' H x 7'10" W x 6" D sliding glass door wall cabinet. I have no problem with getting the wood, but I am wondering where I can get the glass doors and double track. This will be like the floor display cabinets in a jewelry store. The back of the display case has a two pane glass door with a slide lock that has to be unlocked to slide either door open. The glass panels will be 4' x 4' leaving a 2 inch overlap for the lock mechanism. Maybe a glass shop can cut the glass for the doors and glass shelves, if I can't find any online or somewhere, so I may only need a source for the slide hardware.

Reply to
willshak

Google is your friend.

Do a search for "door track". You may want to include the word glass in there too. This is a very common item. It should be easy to locate numerous sources.

You local glass company may have everything you need also.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Find a glass shower door manufacturer in your area. It is standard hardware for them.

Years ago, had a one who was a next door neighbor.

As an alternate, once installed a sliding door system back in Cleveland that used panels of 1/4" plywood in each door frame.

This was to close of a 10ft wide opening using 3 sliding door panels on a dual track.

Recently saw same system that used 1/4" plate glass mirrors instead of plywood here in SoCal.

Don't know where to find one now, but it still has to be out there some place.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Bill, I've done a few glass door projects...the best track assembly that I've found uses an aluminum bottom double track and a rail system wth small wheels that fits over the glass. I get my cabinet hardware at an outfit called "E.B.Bradley" but it's for contractors and retailers only, however, you can get to their catalog and see what's out there...just google e.b.bradley and your off and runnin'...betcha you have a similar cabinet supply near you somewhere, also betcha you can find the hardware online...OH, the first time I used this system I actually got it through my glass shop, so there ya go, you can prolly get both ducks roasted at one place...

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh