Shoulda gone for it...

Was watching ebay the other day when a set of Lie Nielsen A2 tools steel chisels with leather pouch came up for auction. First thing I noticed was they had rosewood handles. Hmmm, Lie Nielsen doesn't offer a set with rosewood handles, atleast their site doesn't list one. So I think it must be something up with this one. That night I go to my woodworkers guild meeting and low and behold the Canadian LN rep is there with a set of chisels with rosewood handles. The set on ebay was listed as a buy it now for $175. The set I was told by the rep retails for $275 and going up soon to $350. Thats probab;y the best deal on ebay I've seen yet. And to top it off the guy had paypal buyer protection set up so there was little if any risk. Shoulda gone for it.

Reply to
john smith

Yeah Mr. smith? Please, if you have that auction page in your watch list or bookmarked in your browser, do us all a favor and reply with the auction number or the link. Some of us would like to take a gander at it, cool? The auction numbers work in the eBay search engine. Much appreciated.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

You guys must not have searched for completed auctions. Auction # was 6122900447 Looks like it was a good deal! Someone snagged these about two hours after the auction started.

Russ

Reply to
WoodMangler

So that's the ticket then, search for completed auctions. Thanks Russ. Frankly I really don't think they're worth it. And the price will go UP??? When Harris tools (eBay: tingosa) is selling sets of 8 *socket* chrome mangenese chisels in a custom wooden box and cocabolo handles, it's a much better deal.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Some of

Item (was) 6122900447. You need to check the 'completed items' box to find a closed auction. Would have been a good deal. Lie-Nielsen does offer the chisels with rosewood for $25 extra. Sure looks pretty, a shame to hit with a mallet....

Reply to
brian roth

"AAvK" wrote in news:F7Qbd.7011$bk1.595@fed1read05:

Your opinion of "a better deal" may vary from others. These are really sweet chisels, at least with the standard hornbeam handles.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

And no one can say otherwise. Not even me, but they are hugely expensive. So, take a look at the Harris set, see how they are made and what they cost in a dutch auction from the maker, and see the the recent feedbacks.

6124982969

Alex

Reply to
AAvK