Should I use my Radial Arm saw or my Table Saw to cut a 2 x4 length wise

"LRod" wrote

Same here. I have built countless projects on a radial arm saw for many years. When I grew up, they were everywhere. I even knew a couple of guys who built special trailers for them for the construction guys. Every home construction site had a radial arm saw set up for cutting boards on site.

I built lots of rustic furniture and bookshelves out of construction grade lumber, just because it was all I could afford at the time. Much of that stuff is still going strong, 30 years later. And it is much stronger and more durable than crap built with politically correct woodworking machinery.

And lo and behold, I was reading the internet one day when I learned that millions of limbs and lives have lost to roving gangs of radial arms saws terrorizing the land! I entirely missed that one. I often wondered what kind of drugs these internet gossip hounds must of been on.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

LRod wrote: ...

Ditto, a few years earlier...

--

Reply to
dpb

Yep...an inexpensive second-hand B&D was the first stationary tool I bought after uni days. For several years it remained the only and was used for absolutely everything from edge jointing and surfacing to shaping and sanding.

Eventually I got the jointer, planer, shaper, table and band saws, etc., etc., etc., but that old RAS was the workhorse for quite a while and built many projects from framing to my then stock-in-trade custom work extra cash pieces of cedar and blanket chests.

I still have it although it is now little more than a momento as it was superceded years ago w/ it's (much) bigger brother...

--

Reply to
dpb