Shop vac, revisited

Haven't decided on which shop vac yet, but I thought I'd share some brilliant ad copy for one of the 14 gallon Ridgid model on the Home Despot web site:

"For your added convenience, the patented car nozzle attachment cleans out the back of your truck to make room for your tools and equipment."

That's a lot of vacuum-size dirt in the back of a truck. Not enough room for tools? Sand storm, maybe? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The ad copy they write nowadays is laughable... And it's usually painfully obvious that the writer has never _used_ the products, either. I see more and more of it - pretty soon, it'll be like trying to read a Japanese translation.

Returning Iraqi based Hum-V's?

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I got to proof some copy once that talked about the "sheer athleticism"=20 and the company being a "sheer athlete" and it contained other general=20 exaggerations (fraudulent) and silly statements concerning the product=20 and company...

Just couldn't make them understand how dumb the copy sounded... They=20 used it.

Maybe that's where the guy is working now. Maybe it spreads like bird=20 flu... ...who knows?

Maybe it's related to the pencil incident...

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Having written copy, and been lousy at it, I am sympathetic to the poor slob. It is tough work.

Reply to
Toller