Shop heat -- getting rid of condensation

Since it warmed up to a balmy 30 degrees today I got to work in the shop for a while. We recently had a thread about condensation. Today I came up with an idea that worked.

Since I have little use these days for a hair dryer, I took it to the shop with me. Cranked up the heater, but I also put some localized heat right on the saw top, and a few other cast iron pieces. It eliminated the forming of condensation, plus it added 1200 watts of heat for the 10 minutes that I ran it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Any type of radiant heater would also do the same thing. The guy with the big propane heater that had the condensation problem could probably run a small propane radiant unit facing his machines and eliminate the condensation. I never get my shop warm enough for moisture to condense, at least in January.

Reply to
ATP

Just putting the air in motion should do it, really. Give it a try, if you don't want the heat.

Save the hair dryer for the pipes....

Reply to
George

In KY there isn't enough humidity in the air to condense on anything in January, but now come July it'll run down your chin.

Reply to
KYHighlander

Holding a cast iron tool that is 5 degrees is not a lot of fun, so the added heat is a bonus. -- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski