Shop Fox W1707 Problem

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new Shop Fox W1707 and had it shipped to me.

Now to my problem. I put a 3/16" blade on the saw and made a rather complex cut with tight turns, a cut I have made many times on my old Delta 14 inch saw. The blade would not track correctly on the bottom tire and eventually came off towards the front of the saw. I pulled out the manual and started making the adjustments called for in the manual including making the Coplanarity Gauge. All that has happened, no matter which adjustment I make, is that the problem gets worse. I have not been able make any adjustment that improves the situation.

What suggestions can anyone give me? I am willing to try anything at this point as I am dead in the water. I cannot get the bottom wheel to track even with only hand turning. It always immediately drifts to the front of the wheel and comes off. Before I started following the manual it at least would track enough to cut - for a time.

Any assistance welcome.

TIA

Doug

Reply to
Amateur

A band saw is one of those tools that does not save you time or money if you don't buy quality. Can it be returned? Have you contacted The manufacturer? May I suggest Laguna?

Reply to
Leon