shop broom

knuttle wrote in news:ma2t31$do7$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Sure, leaf blowers and compressed air guns are great at moving dust off a surface, but why not use a vacuum and contain all the dust? A decent one that won't howl your ears off costs about $100. I've probably got about $130 in my WD1450 with filter bags and diffuser (Ridgid calls it a muffler... but it only makes things a little quieter.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Seems like it would blow it from the floor right into your lungs. I use a shop vac or the dust collector.

Reply to
krw

Isn't the lathe rather hard to push around the room?

Reply to
krw

The text at the website reads:

"Used in a raking motion, it is particularly useful when sweeping rough or uneven surfaces;"

I have had numerous push brooms over the course of time and I have always found them to do a much better job when used in a raking motion as opposed to pushing. Only downside is that your shoes get really dirty.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The blowers are great at getting dust that collects under cabinets, stationary machinery, or anything that a broom or vacuum wand would not easily get close to. I blow my shop out with a leaf blower about once a year, to get that stuff that you always miss or cant reach with a vac wand. Before blowing however I do sweep into piles and use my DC to suck up those poles.

Reply to
Leon

Puckdropper wrote in news:54c5791e$0$47010$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I'm using the Shop Vac Contractor model 90LN550A (14 gal, 5.5HP) from Lowes (not sure if they still have them.) It is quiet and powerful. Can be used as a dust collector.

Reply to
Baxter

:-)

Reply to
woodchucker

I gotta tell you. I hate those broom handles, I want a solid handle. But the broom look ok.

Reply to
woodchucker

Not to state the obvious, but rotating the broom head 180 degrees on occasion takes advantage of the 'set' in the bristles to bring new life into a push broom. Usually when I find I'm pulling versus pushing to get the floor swept, it is time to rotate.

I'm a 'pusher' but of course if you prefer pulling, the same logic applies.

-BR

Brewster