Shop Apron

Ahh, well...I don't think I'd ever live it down if someone saw me wearing one of those flowered aprons.

Reply to
Jeff P.

Lawrence Wasserman

Heavy and soft, so it drapes well. A "flappy" apron is a horrible thing.

A very cheap leather apron is a welder's apron in pale grey chrome leather (jackets too). They're hideous leather, but they are very cheap.

My "good" apron is £20 ($40) of lovely soft suede bought at a re-enactor fair and an evening's work on trimming it with pockets and strings. Shame to wear it in the workshop really, but it's a great "shopkeeper" apron on craft stalls.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I thought about getting some overalls for woodworking. One of my daughters told me that I didn't have enough "cool points" built up to allow the wearing of overalls. She says I use up all my points wearing lycra shorts when I ride my bicycle.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Nice shop! I am so jealous.

What's the thing coming out of the ceiling above your router table? A sky light?

Good idea on the outfeed "table" for your table saw.

Liked the wall shelves, too.

Jeff P. wrote: [snip

[snip]
Reply to
Never Enough Money

You can get leather aprons for one third to half amount. Check out Lee Valley or other similar retailers. If you can find a welding supplies store locally they'll probably carry them too.

Reply to
mp

Thanks for the visual...

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

If you mean the white tube that's the PVC line from my DC to the other side of the room. It runs over the suspended ceiling and down the opposite wall.

Thanks much for the nice comments!

Reply to
Jeff P.

No. I meand the thing with the blue bottom in image 5 (of 5).

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Ahh, that's not router table, that's just a cabinet that I use to store finishing supplies and the blue thing is a filter covering a 1/4hp explosion proof fan.

Reply to
Jeff P.

Did someone say leather apron? Here's mine, I challenge you to beat the price!

dkugelberg

That is one of the most amusing (in a good way) anecdotes I've ever read. On a number of levels. Thanks. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

If you just want an apron as a status symbol, try this

little story actually)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hummm, got me dads old Rose Croix pinny locked away, it cost him £600 back in the 80s, he bought it just before they decided to wear the sash only due to the cost of the aprons (minimum £250 due to the amount of hand stitching), his was done with gold, rather than gold coloured thread....Always wanted the best me dad GRHS.

Niel.

Reply to
Badger

Well, it's nice and all but it doesn't have a pocket for a shop pencil.

Reply to
Jeff P.

If you are referring to the LN leather apron, they say it has an "inside" pocket.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I bought my denim/cotton apron at Anderson's general store in Lima, Ohio. Nice store...you can buy work clothes, grass seed, snowthrowers, tools, hardware and even alcoholic beverages. SWMBO's brother runs a cabinet shop. He uses a leather apron. My bet is he didn't buy it from LN at $85. I like mine, but I only use about half the time anyway. Cheers. Joe

Never Enough M> There are lot of aprons to choose from -- $10 to $85.

Reply to
Joe_Stein

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:22:13 -0600, the inscrutable "Jeff P." spake:

REAL masons jam it into their pec. ;)

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How'd you know, mine has a hidden pocket in the back for my polos....

Reply to
njf>badge

Split leather though - tends to catch on things, because the surface is so fibrous.

Reply to
Andy Dingley