Shellac Finishing

Well that's the flatlands for yuh. Up here we have 25 hours per day of brilliant sunshine. Would this face lie? :-)

basking, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Here in North Carolina it's either very sunny or very rainy with almost no in-between. They're very serious about their weather here. Yesterday there were a few clouds, but a lot of sun. Last night we had very heavy thunderstorms and some tornados (but fortunately not where I am) with almost an inch of rain. Today it's back to just a few clouds and a lot of sun. I expect by this afternoon there won't be any clouds, just clear blue sky and a bright hot sun with a high in the 80's. A great day for drying shellac or paint.

Charley

Reply to
Charley

A couple pictures are posted on the binaries woodworking group of the finished project.

I took your advice about using a cotton cloth pad to apply the shellac and the cut to 1 lb. The top has over a dozen light coatings.

I used an unwaxed blonde shellac for the top surface. Used 320 grit after the first couple coats where I used 220 grit initially. Hand sanded lightly between coats. This is my most attractive finish so far.

Thank you all for your advice,

Otoe

Reply to
Otoe

It looks very nice. I didn't see the pictures for a while. Hence the multiple replys.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Charley,

Where are you in NC? I'm in Mint Hill.