semi-OT: getting grease stains out of cabnetry?

Hello wood experts...

I've got a friend who knows I do a bit of ww'ing and he asked me something I didn't have the answer to. He's got cherry cabinets in his kitchen, and apparently a couple of them inherited a grease stain or two from frying. Nothing heavy--just those little dots of stuff that float around in the air when you fry. He's tried a degreaser and other products, but nothing seems to take it out.

I asked what kind of finish he had on the cabinets...all I got was a "huh?" kind of look.

Sorry I don't have more details...but anyone got any good folk remedies for getting grease stains out?

Reply to
jimjonesWRS

The classic greasygunk cleaner, of course, is turpentine; if that works, try scaling back to waterless hand cleaner. Either one will take off most kitchen residue. Use small quantities, moisten a pad and rub, with a toothbrush to work the crevices.

Reply to
whit3rd