Selling Designs from Magazines

Hey all, I was browsing for Morris Chair images on Google, when I came across a web site which intrigued me. I remembered a post from Bill on August 14, 2004, asking what were the legal ramification, ethics and so on, from using and selling published designs. Many others posted sapient replies and bits of wisdom on the topic. Well,..........the picture says a thousand words...... Right out of wood Magazine!................ Every last one of them!

I'm sure a few of you out there recognise these images. Let me know what you think about it! Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to add the link properly. Maybe someone can tell me how to do it right. Michael

Reply to
mrmortise

downtown. Only difference is that this, by comparison, is very cheap. IIRC the chair was $5000 or so. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Mark L.

I'd say the magazine did not originate the items, it copied them.

While realizing you can say anything on a web site, you might want to read the bottom.

"Our Heritage line is the second phase of resurrecting my great grandfather's furniture lines built around the turn of the last century. All stops have been pulled to ensure lasting quality that will span generations to come."

Reply to
George

On 20 Sep 2004 19:29:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (mrmortise) calmly ranted:

this month.

If the magazine knows about these and Loons Call is still selling plan reproductions, it may be OK with them and/or the author.

I don't know what Wood's policy is with plans but I'm willing to bet that the mag strongly enforces its picture copyrights. Loon's Call will be in a world of hurt when Wood's photographer finds out. Have you called anonymously yet?

  • Michelangelo would have made ** Website Programming
  • better time with a roller. **
Larry Jaques