Sanding supplies cabinet

I need to build a cabinet to house all of my abrasives and supplies. I was thinking of storing all my sandpaper, sanders, stones, steel wool, etc in there. I was hoping some foldks might offer advice and pictures of how they store their items such as this. I'd like to hear some slick ideas for organizing the sandpaper grits and steel wool grades. Thanks for any advice. Please don't post pictures here, post a link or post a picture in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

In my basement workshop there is a wall cabinet installed by the former owners. I keep nearly all my sticky stuff...house paint, spray paint, glue etc. & bandsaw blades, paint brushes, steel wool, tool manuals, sandpaper, etc. in it.

Cheers. Joe

Reply to
KB8QLR

I just saw a tip on TV this morning and they stored the round sheets for ROS in a plastic computer disk case (the old 5.25 type). These should still be available at office supply stores.

HTH

Big John

There is a thin line between hobby & mental illness.

Take out the TRASH for E-mail.

Reply to
WilliaJ2

SFWIW.

Back in the days when I had a lot of 8-1/2"x11" sheets of various abrasives I stored them as follows:

An empty cardboard box that at one time held 12 bottles of wine.

A supply of manila file folders from my bottom desk drawer.

Used one folder for each grit, then filed folders in box.

These days, buy only 25, 50 or 100 pieces/size so supplier furnishes box that gets used as storage device.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Frank Ketchum thought it a good use of my time to say:

Take the plans for the saw blade cabinet in the latest FWW and modify to suit your needs. backs to the shelves/drawers, making deeper ones for steel wool, etc

Reply to
Sysiphus

Hi Frank

I have a free plan which I found on the net (Sanding supply centre.pdf). Email me and I'll send it to you.

Cheers Mark snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.spamfree.com

Reply to
Mark