Router table

I want to buy a good router table to replace my Crapsman. What do you recommend?

Reply to
Donald F. Baty, Jr.

I'm pretty happy with my Veritas router table from Lee Valley. The nice thing about it is you can start off with just the top, and add whatever accessories you need. I started that way, and have, over time, aquired almost the entire system. Check Lee Valley's website and see what I mean.

Rob

Reply to
Specter

If you have the time, you might want to consider building yourself a table -- the best tables are home-made. I used to have one of those little portable router tables, and after determining it couldn't do half of what I needed, I built one of my own. I couldn't be happier. I also built a fence that, in my opinion is far better than those you can buy on the market. And it wasn't all that hard -- it just took a bit of time.

If you want, I can send you designs or you can look on the web -- there's lots of great ideas there.

John

Reply to
John Smith