Router in Cabinet Saw Extension Table

I'm looking for good plans/ideas on installing a router lift (Quick-Lift) into a left-tilt Unisaw's extension table. It has a 50" Biesemeyer fence. My stock extension table needs replacing and I'm tight for space so trying to avoid building a stand-alone router table. Woodpecker's sell a table for the left side but requires you to remove the iron wing - no thanks. Their right side table works with their rails.

Ideally, the router would be enclosed under the table, be light enough to allow continued use of mobile base, allow attachment of a fence, and face the right edge of the saw to allow easy access while facing on the right side of the saw. Easy enough to build a table and attach a box underneath but there always seems to be clever solutions out there.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

my situation is probably different from yours, but my approach to tablesaw wing router tables is to keep a section of the wing surface loose and have a variety of drop-in router table-ettes that I can change out easily as the situation requires. the big advantage for me is the flexibility of quickly and inexpensively built tooling. for instance, I really like raising panels with a "vertical" bit in a horizontal table configuration.

think carefully before you invest a lot in a lift- a good plunge router covers most of those functions pretty well....

Reply to
bridgerfafc

I use the new Ridgid Router, compared to my old router, the height adjustment is wonderful, and the the trough the table adjustment saves wear on my back. The router motor easily drops out for bit changes, I can't really see the need for a lift.

Reply to
Locutus

It's just as easy to build your own extension. So easy as a matter of fact, that you won't mind building one to use for a while and figure out the features that you REALLY want, and building and improved version. DAGS on this forum and you'll find several several posts on the topic, and several with links to pictures that are very helpful for ideas. If all else fails, Rockler advertises one that's designed to be installed as a table saw wing. It's relatively new on their website, and they did not have it in the store as of a month ago (Garland, TX).

Good luck!

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy